Ball Crunch with Rotation
- Lie with ball under low back and knees directly over ankles; feet on floor, hip-width apart.
- Extend back over curve of ball and cross hands on chest.
- Pull your belly button in and squeeze butt muscles.
- Crunch upper body forward and rotate upper body to one side, then return to center.
- Return to start; repeat on opposite side.
Tone Up Tuesday: Moves To Help You Improve: Offset Squat
- Stand with feet slightly more than shoulder-width apart, holding a dumbbell in your left hand.
- Bend left elbow, bringing dumbbell up to just above your left shoulder, and extend right arm out to side.
- Squat, bending knees 90 degrees, pushing back wth hips and keeping weight on heels.
- Squeeze glutes to stand back up.
- Do desired number of reps; switch sides and repeat.
Tone Up Tuesday: Moves To Help You Improve: Clean And Press
Try this total-body exercise, it will challenge you and bring out your inner Olympian.
How to do it.
- With a barbell on the floor in front of you, place your feet approximately shoulder-width apart.
- Bend down and grasp the bar with an overhand grip, making sure that your knees don’t pass your toes.
- Lower your butt until your thighs are parallel to the floor, keeping the weight in your heels without arching your back.
- Contract your shoulder blades, and explode upward, extending knees and hips. Lead with your elbows and allow the weight to rest in front of your chest, palms facing up, elbows close to the body.
- Bend knees slightly, and extend through your hips, as you press the bar overhead.
- Slowly lower the weight down to your waist and then to the floor. Repeat.
HOME WORKOUTS ARE FINE, BUT IS GOING TO A GYM THE BEST WAY TO GET FIT.
Research has shown that some people find it easier to stick to a home-based fitness program. In spite of all the hype on trendy exercise programs and facilities, the “best” program for you is the one you will participate in consistently. Have a great day and be active! –
Proprioceptive Plyometrics with Stabilization: Sagittal Plane
1. Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart.
2. Lift your chest, tuck in your chin and contract your glutes.
3. Balance on one leg as you lift he other leg and place it directly beside your balance leg.
4. Hop on one foot forward and backward. Remember to land softly and hold each landing for a few seconds. Repeat the exercise on the opposite leg.